Due to our rapid growth in the Minnesota market, By the Yard is seeking a part-time and full-time Sales Associate to provide a great customer experience at its store in Maple Grove, MN. This is a full time position, typically 35-40 hours a week, with day, evening and weekend schedules available.
We are happy to train the right person for this role! Candidates possessing a passion for teamwork, building relationships, and great customer service will find great success with the By the Yard team.
Note: This is not a commission-based job.
As a member of the retail department you’ll:
- Greet and help customers and use your product expertise to assist with whatever is needed to facilitate the selection and purchase of our high-end furniture
- Prepare and process sales quotes and orders
- Build rapport with customers by demonstrating product knowledge and the use of strong interpersonal skills
- Assist customers both in person and over the phone
- Help maintain a clean and presentable retail store
- This is a small company and many roles have crossover needs; duties are not limited to this list and will be assigned as needed
This might be the job for you if:
- You are detail-oriented and take pride in your work
- You possess a personable and positive attitude and are able to work in a team atmosphere to ensure our guests are provided with quality service
- You have prior retail sales experience (beneficial in this position but not required)
- You have previous customer service experience
- An ability to pick up on new material quickly is helpful. (We understand very few people have experience in the outdoor furniture industry. We will provide ongoing training of the products and services.)
- You possess excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You have strong computer and organization skills
- You are flexible and can adapt to changing priorities and direction in a dynamic work environment
- You show initiative, regularly engage in proactive behavior, and look for opportunities in a self-managed environment
- You are able to work a typical retail-based schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- You hold a high school diploma or equivalent