There’s nothing like enjoying a meal with friends and family outside during the summer and fall. Eating out on the deck or patio just feels a little more special than eating inside. Whether you’re having a casual breakfast on the balcony, a quiet lunch on the patio or a dinner party that lasts well into the evening, our surroundings have a significant impact on how we feel.
As you think about ways to improve your space, it’s important to consider your flooring, accessories and your outdoor furniture. Whether you’re looking for an outdoor makeover or just want a few accessories to bring your space to life, read on for some ideas.
Consider the Location of Your Outside Dining Area
You should design a space that fits your lifestyle, rather than adjusting your lifestyle to the area. For example, you should get a large dining table or outdoor seating near you if you love entertaining. If it will just be you and your close family enjoying this space, create a cozier setting with an outdoor coffee table instead. Other tips include:
- Make sure there is enough space for everyone to move comfortably around the dining area. It’s ideal to have your outside dining area near an access point to your kitchen.
- Avoid putting your outdoor table too close to your grill because of excess heat and fumes.
- Lighting is also essential for outside dining areas to ensure your garden is on full display as the day transitions into night.
Remember the Ambiance
If you live in an area with beautiful scenery, your outdoor setting itself will provide most of your ambiance. However, you can still give your outside dining experience a boost:
- A centerpiece of flowers as well as planters around your dining space are stylish additions to consider.
- Set up speakers around your space to have soft music playing while guests enjoy their meals, beverages and conversations.
- Add additional outdoor lighting if you intend to entertain guests during the evenings.
Dining Is Great in the Shade
Even if you have the most comfortable dining chairs, nobody wants to be sitting in the blazing heat or drenched in rain. Get a step ahead of Mother Nature by providing shade using an outdoor umbrella or patio cover for your outside dining area. This will give you plenty of peace of mind so you don’t have to worry about weather interfering with your guests’ comfort. Consider adding some new outdoor seating near you to accompany your shading method of choice.
We Make Your Outside Dining Experience More Comfortable
At By the Yard, our furniture is designed for entertaining. We use HDPE lumber made from recycled plastics, which is the best material for outdoor coffee tables and dining tables due to its stain-resistance, low-maintenance properties and smooth, splinter-free surfaces. Are you looking for outdoor seating near you? Handcrafted in Minnesota, our furniture is built to withstand the elements – no matter the season. Invest in customizable pieces so you can achieve the style you desire with maximum comfort for you and your guests.
Ready to bring your outside dining space to life? Get in touch with us today to order outdoor furniture you’ll enjoy for years to come.