For those of us who love to host, our outdoor spaces offer a lovely extension of our homes, providing an ideal setting for entertaining friends and family. Elevate the comfort of your guests and make your hosting experience easier with our guide to the perfect outdoor seating.
Assess Your Space
Before you buy and arrange your outdoor seating, first take some time to evaluate your space. Measure your area to ensure that the furniture you choose will fit comfortably without making the space feel cramped. Consider the flow of traffic, sun exposure and the views from different seating areas to devise the ideal arrangement for your setting.
Plan For Comfort
Making sure your guests are comfortable is always a top priority for hosts. When it comes to outdoor entertaining, that starts with your seating. Consider the number of guests you typically entertain so that you’re sure to provide ample seating.
Likewise, select materials and designs that promote comfort:
- HDPE furniture won’t splinter, making it a great choice for hosts. Protect your guests from scratches after a swim or snags in their favorite cocktail attire.
- Cushioned chairs and sectionals have even more comfort. Look for outdoor seat cushions that are weather-resistant as well as soft, and outdoor cushion storage to make hosting a breeze.
- Choose furniture that is built with ergonomics in mind — from curved seating to easy-exit chairs.
Create Different Outdoor Seating Areas
Designing different seating areas adds visual interest and versatility to your outdoor space, and enables your guests to enjoy a dynamic time at your get-together. Depending on the size of your space, consider these outdoor seating areas:
- Dining Area: Enjoying a meal is one of the most common ways we host guests. Consider a dining set for large group meals or a cozy cafe setting for hosting brunch.
- Lounge Area: Create a space with comfortable lounges, gliders or rocking chairs where people can relax and enjoy the fresh air.
- Fire Pit Area: Arrange Adirondacks around a fire table or pit. It’s a great spot for storytelling and marshmallow roasting during cool nights.
- Quiet Corner: Set up a swing or bench in a quiet corner of your garden where guests can catch up.
- Entertainment Zone: If you have the space, consider setting up an area with outdoor sofas and a coffee table near a projection screen or outdoor television for movie nights.
Hit the Finer Details
Whether you have one outdoor seating area or several, paying attention to a few essential details will make your space more than hospitable to your friends and family.
- Make sure your outdoor seating offers easy access to tablespace or accessorize to give guests a place to rest their beverage of choice.
- Arrange seating so your guests can enjoy the shade — either from natural tree-cover or a weather-resistant umbrella.
- Keep extra blankets on hand for parties on chilly nights and crisp winter days.
Enhance Your Outdoor Seating
By the Yard has been helping hosts do the most with outdoor entertaining since 1995. Our market-leading HDPE outdoor furniture is ergonomic, durable and easy to clean making it the perfect choice for gatherings of all kinds. Weather-resistant with no storage required, your patio will always be ready for your next event.
Shop online today or call us at 877.220.0448 to request a free catalog and color samples.